Join us for WIIIN’s Fall Philanthropy Event
Wednesday, November 20!
Please join us for an evening of community, light bites, and refreshments as we gather to build necessity-based kits for women served by two of Los Angeles’ largest, female-focused charities:
The Downtown Women’s Center
Good Shepherd Shelter for Battered Women & Children
About The Charities WIIIN Will Be Supporting:
The Downtown Women’s Center and Good Shepherd Shelter provide a wide array of services to assist, support and empower women struggling from poverty, homelessness and/or abuse.
The Downtown Women’s Center serves 200 women daily, providing a place to rest, home-cooked meals, access to clean bathrooms, showers, and changes of clothes, individual and group therapy, as well as trauma recovery services. They also provide STD/HIV testing, TB and cancer screenings, vaccinations, mammograms, and women’s exams.
Good Shepherd Shelter provides an intensive 6-month rehabilitation and residential program to help women and children rebuild family in a structured, supportive environment, including on-site, independent living facilities, therapeutic programs, and a fully accredited trauma-informed school for the children. Women are taught to become head of household, budget, cook, job search and rebuild family through social programming and positive modelling.
Ways to Participate:
Donate your time!
Please attend the event to help assemble needs-based kits*.
Please RSVP to email@example.com
Monetary donation (recommended $10/person).
WIIIN will match all donations dollar for dollar!
Donate new or gently-used women’s clothing (job-appropriate is particularly appreciated).
*Wish List Items:
1. $10 – Provides 1 woman with a deluxe shower kit and fresh start to her day
2. $25 – Provides 2 kids with colorful backpacks, fully stocked with school necessities to help them thrive
3. $50 – Provides 1 family a cooking essentials kitchen welcome kit to support bonding and healing
When: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: Wilshire Associates, 1299 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Parking: $7 (in 1299 Ocean Avenue building)
Refreshments: Wine, soft drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be served, provided by the Wilshire Gender Diversity Awareness Committee (GDAC).
Please send RSVPs or questions to
We look forward to seeing you!
Instructions for Donating to WIIIN through PayPal (100% of funds go to charities supported, and WIIIN to match all donations at 100%)
1. Login to your PayPal account, click the blue ‘Send’ button (upper right)
2. Under ‘Send Money’, type in firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Enter the amount you wish to donate (in dollars and cents)
4. If it says ‘Paying for an item or service’, click Change and select ‘Sending to a Friend’
5. In the ‘Note’ section, you may request to earmark your donation to either shower kits for the Downtown Women’s Center, welcome family kitchen cooking sets or childrens’ backpacks for Good Shepherd Shelter for Battered Women & Children
6. Click ‘Continue’, select how you’d like to pay ($0 fees for bank accounts, small fees for credit)
7. Click ‘Next’ to review your donation details, then ‘Send Payment’